On July 30, 2020, the National Hockey League, NHLPA, Bauer Hockey and Hockey Canada, launched the Hockey Equipment Relief Program to help families financially impacted by COVID-19 get their kids back on the ice.
The application period for the Hockey Equipment Relief Program will open on Sept. 18, 2020, allowing a number of organizations across the country INCLUDING LOCAL MINOR HOCKEY ASSOCIATIONS
to apply to be a Donation Partner. The application period will remain open until Sept. 28, 2020, followed by equipment distribution between Oct. 12, 2020 and March 1, 2021.
All information is posted on the ALLIANCE Hockey website
. Also, for the application and more information, visit the Hockey Equipment Relief Program website
- Relief Program launched on July 30 to help communities re-engage in sports by helping families that have been financially impacted by COVID-19
- The program is an equipment donation initiative that includes $2 million of hockey gear, with upwards of 7,000 sets of gear to be distributed to families and communities most in need in the seven Canadian NHL cities, as well as other regions.
- The donation aspect will be administered nationwide through Donation Partners that have applied and been accepted by the program partners
- Donation partners can come from:
- Seven Canadian NHL teams
- Hockey Canada Members and their local hockey associations
- Youth organizations – ex. YMCA, community centres
- Underserved minority groups – Indigenous, Black, LGBTQ, Female, etc.
- Above Donation Partners can apply between Sept. 18-28, 2020
- Applications will be reviewed by the program partners, including Hockey Canada and its Members.
- Accepted applicants will be based on applications and equitable equipment distribution for a region of the country.