Windsor Jr. Spitfires need Scorekeepers
The Windsor Jr. Spitfires are looking to expand its pool of qualified Scorekeepers. Scorekeepers will earn between $20-30 per game (based on team/game age group).Training will be provided prior to the start of the season.
Scorekeeper’s responsibilities include :
· Accurately record game score and penalties using the electronic game sheet on the team IPad
· Operate the scoreboard to update team scores and penalties
· Start & stop the game clock according to the rules of the game
· Liaise with the official referee and team staff before, during and after the game
· Play music/national anthem before and during games, as required
· Announce goals and penalties during the showcase and play-down games, as required
· Must attend a training session and do at least one game shadowing with an experienced timekeeper.
· Ages 13 +
· Available to work most weekends and some weekdays
· Must possess a mobile electronic device (cell phone/ ipod/ipad/laptop) AND an AUX cord to bring to each game
· Prior experience with stopwatch/game clock at school or minor leagues is preferred
Interested individuals must contact Nicholas Wylie, Director of Officials, via email at [email protected] no later than August 31, 2023. Please include your experience or knowledge of hockey and tell me about yourself and why you want this position.
Please pass this information on to player families. It is a great opportunity to earn some quick extra cash!